Thursday, November 10, 2011

Habitat

This past Monday night at the LAMQG meeting, Jay McCarroll showed up via Skype to talk to the group and for some Q&A. He was funny and down-to-earth, definitely someone who was just real. At one point, he laughed as he saw everyone whip out their phones to take a picture of him on the computer screen.


But we had to, right?

We also presented him with the Habitat challenge-- using his latest fabric collection from Free Spirit and making it into something quilted by just adding any solid color fabric. Here's my entry.

He shared with us his design process and it was a great insight on how his mind works. Jay also showed us a preview of his upcoming collection and it is spectacular. I can't wait to get some although it probably won't be out until this time next year. I just checked out his online store and everything is priced reasonably so go check it out!

In other quilting related news, I just finished piecing a queen-sized top and backing for a very special someone. I made it with blocks from my Seams Perfect Bee group and it turned out really well. Can't wait to get it back from Tanya, who will quilt it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment