Monday, January 10, 2011

A Challenge



Working from home with no one to bounce off ideas with, I always second-guess myself. What am I doing? Is this good? Will people like this? And so on, the questions and doubts fill my head every day.

That's why joining swaps has been a satisfying endeavor. It makes me feel part of a bigger community, puts things in perspective and provides me with challenges and constraints.

This year, I joined another letterpress swap involving coasters and the alphabet and a quilting bee. More on these later.

Plus, my LAMQG group has provided each member with a challenge: to create a small quilt using these charm pack made up of solid fabrics and adding just one other solid fabric. A challenge indeed but I've started and so far, it's been a good exercise. Due in March, I'll show the end-result then.

No comments:

Post a Comment